Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Job Search Continues - Part V

... calculator, which on would you be, and why?"
Without pausing for a breath, I answered. The answer came to me when
he finished the word "calculator" and I wanted him to know I had just
as quick of wit as he did.
"The plus button, 'cause you always want more."
He looked down, wrote and said at the same time "3 - + cuz..." then he
paused, looked up and said, "That's what she said..." I smiled, and he
finished writing, "...you always want more."
He then stapelled the paper to mhy resume, and told me he'd put it
where his manager could find it since "She does all the calling and
stuff."
I felt good about it though. He got my humour, and all the other
employees enjoyed my interview.

So that is all. It was fun, and I feel good about my future employment
at Lids. Don't get me wrong, Northern Reflections, Le Chateau, and
(maybe) American Eagle would be nice. The first two 'cause "c'mon
they're women's fashion, and let's be honest; I'm a guy. Yes, I know,
that sounds jerkish, but my New Year's resolution was to ...

No comments: