Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Job Search Continues - Part IV

... really aren't so common sense." I nodded, since I had no idea what
to say to that.
I realized my resume was still in my hand, "Should I give this to you?"
"Yeah sure," he said as he took it. He then hit the "extra paper"
button on the receipt machine and tore some off. "Now I have to ask
you three questions right now." I nodded, and gave an affirmative
response, "K! There's a list somewhere, but I dunno where. Question
one! 'Why Lids'?"
"Well I like hats, and I have a whole bunch at home. I figure this'd
be a great place for me to work."
He wrote a 1 on the paper, and stopped. "You're not wearing one now."
That was true, but I'd gotten all dressed up to drop off resumes, so a
collared shirt with a baseball cap wouldn't have gone over so well.
"I just wanted to look good -"
"- to drop off you application. Good one!" He said with a grin.
"Number two," doesn't matter to the story. He was asking my
availability, and was just as silly about it.
On to "Question three! If you could be any button on a...

No comments: