Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Job Search Continues - Part III

... was off to my last stop.

You're probably all going, "Oh my god! Why'm I reading?!" Just hang in
there, here comes the "big" finish.

Lids is a hat store, This I know for sure, for sure. And hey, I like
hats. *shrug* But I'd said if the place looked sketchy, or like it
wouldn't be a good fit for me, I wouldn't apply. But I could tell it
looked like a fit for me from across the food court.

As I cross the store threshold, I was greeted with a HUGE "Hey! How are you?!"
I responded politely, but just as friendly (I didn't know if this guy
was the manager) "I'm good, and you?"
"I'm -" and he paused to accentuate the point, "fan-tastic! How can we
help you today?"
"I was looking to apply for a job," I said, keeping smiling and
friendly to make sure they knew I was "cool."
"That's great we're always looking for smart people to work here."
And without missing a beat, "And what would classify me as a 'smart person'?"
"Well, it depends on the day really. Somedays things that seem common
sense (at least to me)...

No comments: