Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Life and Podcasting

So yes, to all who haven't heard I am living on my own now. Moved out of my parents' place. Everyone makes it sound like a big deal, but I don't find it overly different. I mean yeah, there's no one else around; but some weeks the only people I'd ever see were co-workers anyway.
I used to work a rotating shift; they changed to straights last week though. And no, I've yet to notice a difference; it's only been a week.

I had to move because I wrecked my Jeep. So with no means of transportation to and from work, change had to be made. I had to get closer to work. So I traded car payments and a 20 minute drive to work for rent and a 20 minute walk.
The only real thing I need to get used to is the "not having my own means of transportation" aspect. *sigh* The dealership I got my Jeep from was super sketchy, and my Jeep was starting to cost more than it should have in repairs. I'd only had it a year. Yeah, I liked it and yeah I miss it, but it frees me from the issues of it.

Anyway, I digress...
I'm beginning to think of making my own podcasts. I blog occasionally, I vlog when I'm really up and at 'em about something - I know it's been a while, and I am sorry. I don't have a lot going on, and I don't have a place to do it anymore. Most vlogs were done on the road, and as I don't drive now, it's hard. I could do it in my apartment, but when I'm home I hate being properly clothed. I don't think YouTube moderators and audiences would be amused. But vlogging showed me I can talk about a lot. This is unexpected as I am a quiet person. And I can be quite animated with my voice; this is good for podcasting as that's all there is - aside from my words - to keep listeners amused. And I mean really, I did want to be a radio personality, and did go to school for it. So depending how everything turns out, it could be awesome.
Now, as a podcast IS like a radio show, and I will be basing it as a talk show, I need stuff to talk about. I can lead conversation, but it helps to have other people's points of view. I'd never ask someone to call in, don't get me wrong it could be fun. Just to start off that mightn't be a good idea.

I'm going to start it off with Twitter mentions and e-mails. What else is there? lol
I am open - as always - totalk about anything and everything. So if you're reading this and want in on the fun here's what you can do:
Through Twitter mention @Rough_Wrangler and tag it #PLaunch.
As an e-mail start your subject with PLaunch.

Now, I'm a stickler for grammar and punctuation. If this takes off, I'll be less likely to deal with crap grammar and lack of punctuation - unless you are a regular. But until then, I will read and respond to all no matter what. This doesn't mean I won't act all "What the fuck," and fire remarks at you about your grammar and punctuation. But I mean hey, you're on here, and probably following my Twitter; we all have thick skin, do we not?

So anyway, just keep your eyes peeled! I'll be sure to let everyone know what's going on.
Be sure to pipe up, as I always like input, and am looking for topics to talk about. Again, anything is fair game!

Let's hear what you got!

No comments: