Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Movie Critique - House at the End of the Street

Mmm, a horror movie. I do enjoy a good horror movie.
It keeps your blood pumping and your mind working throughout.
They did a great job putting this one together. But then again, all horror movies usually fall down the same paths. This one does take a different route to get to the same end.

If you're a well versed horror movie watcher, you may be able to figure out the conclusion as it approaches.
I was surprised hold long it took me to figure it out.

The only downfalls would be that it sort of turned into a Saw movie as it started closing down, the gore wasn't majorly gorey as any horror movie watcher wants it - don't get me wrong, there is some gore, but there could've been more. They left to much to my imagination - and the lead female wasn't as attractive as I'd hoped. Don't get me wrong, Elissa (as played by Jennifer Lawrence) is attractive; she proves that jeggings can be gorgeous on a girl who has the right legs for them. But really, at times I found her mother (as played by Elisabeth Shue) more attractive. Her face - to me - seems too round.

If you're in search of a good, scary movie to sit down to for the night, this one could be the right call.
Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.

No comments: