Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Equipment Issues

So I'm going to play some hockey on Boxing Day, with Miss Ashley's family. (WOO!) And to be sure I was ready, I got me a mouth guard, 'cause "shot blockers shouldn't leave home without one." (I'm quoting myself, and I like the feeling.) Am I right? 'cause I mean getting hit in the face (slash teeth) with a stick or the puck would be quite painful, whether you have one or not; but the mouth guard can SAVE your TEETH.

So I got one of those "mold to your mouth" deallies, in the hopes of it working awesomely and all; and isn't it JUST my luck... after going at it a good half dozen (I'm talking regular dozen, not the baker's dozen. six and a half goes would be challenging) times, I can't make it fit, for the life of me. It hurts the crap out of my teeth, and if I don't bite down just the right way, my teeth bleed.
Mmm... How do you spell "fun"?

Solution!
Not wearing a mouth guard. Yes, I have thought on that. This would have me REALLY test my reflexes. I'd need to turn my head, or get a hand up, just in time; EVERY TIME. No pressure, right?

OR

Go for it and deal with the painful mouth issue for however long the game is.

My goodness, what a tough choice... I'm gonna go for "start with it, and see if I can deal. If not; 'bye bye' mouth guard, 'please please' reflexes for the remainder of the game."
My biggest disappointment would be that I paid a wad of dough for a mouth guard which does not work, and I cannot return. THAT's stupid...

Thoughts anyone?

No comments: