Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

MY Genre of Music - Part I

I'm labelling myself country.
There, I said it.

I've been humming, and singing, and playing with music a lot recently. I'm a Sinatra boy, don't get me wrong, and I love to sing that era, and genre of music too. But I find country the MOST fun to sing, listen to, and (attempt to) create.

I'm not really lyrical (and I mean that in the sense of "writing lyrics for music") but it's fun to play in country music. There's so much you can say, and do that just won't fit anywhere else.
For instance, what other genre of music do you see a title like "Pretty Good at Drinking Beer"? Yes, everywhere sings of drinking and partying, but no ONE song is solely made to say that one guy (the one singing it, no less) is "pretty good at drinking beer."

I'm sorry, but I find that awesome.

I find that country keeps the humour IN the music, which makes it fun to sing AND listen to. Not only that, it CAN be serious too! And sad...
You can have a song that gets you so well, that you can (not just want to,...

No comments: