Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Inner Nerd: Super Couples

Who's got the down lo on hero and villain (super or not) couples? I'm trying to pick a set, and coming up empty. I'm currently stuck as Spider-Man with Black Cat. Black Cat is gorgeous, but I don't wanna be Spider-Man. Don't get me wrong, he's cool and all, and The Amazing Spider-Man was a phenomenal film; just I don't feel like being him, you know?

I'm not saying I will adopt a hero personality, and get powers and shit. Just he's kinda odd, and I'm not a huge fan of his person and powers enough to have giggle fits and be called "Spidey".
I was Superman for as long as I can remember, but let's face facts; Superman isn't technically a superhero. He's an alien. Just like Iron Man and Batman aren't superheroes (no offense guys). They're heroes. They're really heroic everyday people. Both rich and brilliant, but no super powers.

Don't get me wrong though, hero couples are cool too. Unfortunately I can't find a legitimate female counterpart for Iron Man, as he's either a womanizer or into Pepper Potts (who isn't a hero), and Batman & Catwoman was shot down. *grumble* And let's face it, Lois Lane? Not a hero. And I'm chilling with a young lady who knows a lot about this stuff, and wants to be a hero too. Every girl before was chill with being the Lois Lane to my Superman; it really is time for a change though. Let's face it. You've all heard about my track record.

So I like villains, but somebody else doesn't. Which means if I wanted to be a villain I'd need to be a villain with a hero female counterpart; that's so easy to find. *sigh* But right now I'm not in research mode; I'm in, "Time to go to bed because I work again tonight," mode.
So if anyone knows if Venom has a female hero counterpart (which is unlikely), I'd like to hear it.
Or if Power Girl has a male counterpart that I can't currently find, pipe up?
Or if Vampirella (I like the sound of "eternity." It sounds romantic) has an "immortal" counterpart...
I know Wolverine's immortal, but I sort want someone with their own "logo." And if one side's immortal the other must be too. And I know Wolverine has X-23, and she's hot, but she's sorta like his daughter, in the sense she's a clone of him. And that's just wrong.

Anyway, sleep maybe now?
*fingers crossed*

Let me hear what you've got! :)

No comments: