Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

News concerning the PSN...

Gamespot at around noon today said that the PSN (Playstation Network), which has been down since mid-April, will be back around the end of the month. Ok, "around the end" is too vague. The date is set at "May 31st." That is the end. Details can be read here. I found the little video at the end of the article informative, (but long) and cute.

Playstation had told us in a Press Release (on May 1st) that the PSN would be back up and running sometime that week. On May 6th, they told us;
"We’ve begun the process of restoring the service through internal testing of the new system. We’re still working to confirm the security of the network infrastructure."

- Playstation (Service Restoration Update)
They also told us that it would be another week, as they forgot they needed to test it.

Anyway, now they've set a date (that they as a company haven't come out and said yet, but feel free to release to outside sources) that is a little more realistic than the last ones.
I am a wee bit frustrated, as I've had to watch Netflix on my laptop, rather than my TV, but; I can't wait to be able to play online again.

This time will allow me to work out the new game I plan to buy tomorrow. :)

No comments: