Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Elections Draw Ever Closer

As the election day gets closer, I received my voter card thing. Told me what electoral district I'm voting in, which aided in narrowing my voting field.

I'm part of the Nepean--Carleton District, which means I can vote between. five different parties...

The Pirate Party of Canada 
Party Leader: Mikkel Paulson
MY District's Candidate: David Ian Ascroft
It's all about internet stuff. No REAL usable everyday stuff. 

The Green Party of Canada 
Party Leader: Elizabeth May
MY District's Candidate: Jean-Luc Cooke
Well they don't offer much at all. Damn hippies... How the hell d'you expect to get anywhere?
Not to mention you're a bunch of hypocrites. Your elections signs are MASSIVE. Way to be ecologically friendly. *shakes head* 

New Democratic Party 
Party Leader: Jack Layton
MY District's Candidate: Ric Dagenais
Capping credit card rates; reducing cost of everyday essentials; make sure more of each paycheque makes it home; reWARD job creators (They smacked Harper in the face by saying HE put our tax dollars to work sending work overseas, whereas they'd do it on Canadian soil.); make prescription meds more affordable; strengthen pensions; make childcare and education more accessable, and; improve employment insurance.

The Liberal Party of Canada 
Party Leader: Michael Ignatieff
MY District's Candidate: Ryan Keon
Liberals LOOK good, but I mean they were in power a while too. Like, right up to before I voted for the first  time, and THEY couldn't get shit done either.

The Conservative Party of Canada 
Party Leader: Steven Harper
MY District's Candidate: Pierre Poilievre
Well, I voted Conservative last election, and they won, and nothing really happened. So that shows me that whatever they SAY they have planned... well, to be blunt; it's a load of shit.

So... from the picks I've been narrowed down to, I guess I'll vote --

No comments: