Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Common Courtesy

I live in a decent sized house with my parents and little sister. I live in the basement (and have ZERO issue with it).

Now, everyone knows that the walls and floors are kinda thin, so we try to keep the noise down in general.

My sister (who's room is on the third floor, but enjoys playing on the middle floor) neglects to be courteous of others on (frequent) occasions. For instance... Today; she was playing XBox 360, online and had the BlueTooth thing on her ear. She was playing Call of Duty, and talking really loud.
I walked up to check what was up, and she wasn't even talking to the person on the headset about the game she was playing. So I wanted her to turn the volume (on her voice) down.

Me: ...could you please be a little quieter?
Her: No.

Cut and dry just like that. There was no "I'll try," or "I'm sorry, but I can't." Just "no." AND she became louder.

My answer to this was, turn on the music in my room; really loud. I can't hear her as much anymore. I think she tried to beat my music in loudness, but gave up quickly.

I win, but still; there is such a thing as "common courtesy."

No comments: