Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

*sigh*

Last night of work for me for a bit. Well, two days. So, this is my weekend coming up. Woo!
So I share night shifts with one other person. She's lippy about not enough work. *shrug* Apparently she's been like that since day one, but has the gall to say, "I need [such and such] days off."
Unfortunately for me, that doesn't increase my days I work. That just messes around with my schedule. Not completely fair in my eyes, but who give a crap, right?
Anyway, I told her I may start looking for more work, so I can actually afford groceries and be able to treat my girl occasionally. She said, "Don't I have another job lined up. I'm leaving."
Well that's good news, because no one here wants to work nights, so my work schedule SHOULD get filled out a little more. Shelley (who's worked here 13 or more years) says it's good Tasha's going, if she goes. She's pulled this once before apparently. *rolls eyes* But lo and behold, she swore Shelley to secrecy about her leaving, and then told me, and has yet to tell the big boss. Then two days later when the newest schedule came out hands me more shifts (which I'm very thankful for), but then books a bunch of weekends off right untill the end of the month.
I'm not saying she booked the REST of the month off, but just like... Thanksgiving weekend, the weekend after, the weekend before Halloween, AND Halloween.
Now, Thanksgiving with MY family should be okish to manage, as AJ and I live there, so I just get up a bit early for work for dinner, and then go to work when I need to.
But AJ's mom has post-poned her Thanksgiving for us, as that's an hour (or more) of a drive for us. And it was supposed to be the weekend after Thanksgiving. I thought that a safe bet, as I officially worked Thanksgiving weekend, yeah?
So, I wrote a little note on the schedule saying:
"I was sort of hoping to have Thanksgiving on the 12th & 13th. I figured as I worked the actual Thanksgiving weekend, it wouldn't be too much of a challenge."
And the only reason I worked it was because Tasha booked it off. So we shall see how this all works out. I've only asked for one day off so far, and Tasha asks for weekends all over the place. Given she has kids, but still it's annoying. *sigh*
I also messaged Tasha (she snagged my BBM pin) as she seemed to be like, "Yup, I'm leaving. And I'm leaving soon!" so I figured I'd have more work soon, and be able to snag two days I need in the next schedule.
Me: I'm curious; when is the deadline to find out about that new job? :/
Tasha: I don't know why
Me: [She turned off her phone before I could respond. The beauties of BBM.] I dunno... Was just wondering if it was sooner or later. You asked for time off right 'til the start of November, essentially.
I'll let you know how that goes. Anyway, this all makes sense to me, and AJ too as she's living it as well.
If anyone has questions, or an opinion on this, I'd LOVE to hear it!
Sorry for the rant. :$ Back to work for me now.
Time to mop the floors. *thumbs up*
Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.









No comments: