Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Tattoo - Revisited (Part III)

Oh yeah, I'm back. Deal with it.

Got tried of playing with old ideas. Didn't help that the one I went back to; I'd lost all the Photoshop files for it. Bummer is; I knew I'd seen them recently. Like really recently. :(
I did get to play with it some, and it is still under the works, but I'm moving to a more simple idea; as I've YET to hammer down a tattoo idea when they all seem to be so complex. When they're complex, I try to play with them (Oh, that sounds bad. lol) 'til they're perfect. When I get close (dear lord...); well, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, right? So I keep working. Then the whole idea implodes - injuring only my self confidence, and itself - and even if I hit the magic Ctrl+Z, I see what it had become, and it never looks right again.

So! Simplicity to start; I have decided. Here's what I got...

I fully expect everyone's first response to be, "The hell... Castles?!"
No, rooks. Like chess. Ask my dad; I suck at chess. But I'm a thinker, and chess is very much a thinking man's game.
Then, by process of elimination; I picked the rook. I'm usually stable (so the castle part of the piece came into play), and I never screw around getting to where I'm going. I get there in a dead straight line. (For those of you who don't know, rooks move in straight lines.)

So it all made sense to me.

Thoughts? Anyone?

No comments: