Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

What is Love?

A post from my "youth." I was 16 at the time.
Took a walk down memory lane today.

Who can truly and honestly say they know?  The dictionary calls it fourteen nouns, seven verbs and five idioms, all of which have different definitions.  What confusion.  Out of those definitions there is, "a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person," as well as an "object or thing so liked," and "to hug and cuddle."  Three different definitions of the twenty-six different definitions that can be seen.  I define love, and you can quote me, as "your soul's recognition of its counter part in another," which, if I may add, is not in the dictionary.  Not that it would help at all.  But who knows, I may be wrong.  I can certainly be called wrong.  But wouldn't it be awesome if we actually knew. Just a passing thought, that's all.

Now, I got much shit about attempting to define love before. To be clear; I wasn't attempting to define it, I was merely saying how I relate to the term and idea.
So before you start to chew my ass out over it (as many did five years ago), know that.

No comments: