Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A quick tidbit...

Dad and I spoke about moving to Kingston, with one of his clients today. One of the ones that loves to talk. She was quite set in stone that we should not go, as she likes having us as company when we're over.

We went and started work, and when I got back to where she was we chatted again; as we usually did.
I told her it'd be fine, dad had sold his business to a good fellow, and, she shouldn't worry because I'll be around a while still, so we could still chat. I assured her I knew how she felt about people who didn't "belong." Kind of like I am with my room; it's my sanctuary, where I feel uncomfortable when those that are uninvited come in.
After a few minutes of chatting, she seemed a little more welcoming to the new owner.

As I went to leave the room (we'd spoken of how she loved Kingston, and used to go there all the time) she told me that "I'd like Kingston, and find a new girl -" I kind of cut her off. It may've been rude, but I'm not going to be looking for anyone in Kingston.
"I'm keeping my girl. I've been with many girls, and only loved one. I'm not leaving her."

After I left he room, and rethought what I'd said, I realized how much a whore I sounded like (I've been with many girls, not like BEEN been with many girls; as in "I've been in - what feels like - many relationships").
Also for everyone's clarity, "I'm not leaving her," as in "we aren't breaking up," not, "she's coming with me."
And "loved" is not like, "I loved her, and don't anymore." More like present-tense, but past-tense is how it fits in the sentence.

...see it now?

Anyway. That's my little tidbit...

No comments: